Hey, y’all! Just a heads up that there are affiliate links in this post. This means that I will receive a small fee if you click on the link and buy the product or service. Read more here.
You’ve put in the blood, sweat, and tears (maybe some tears of happiness, too) into creating content for your blog. But what do you do with it once it’s published? You could just let it sit there and gather dust or repurpose it to get more mileage out of it. In this article, I’m going to talk about why you should Repurpose content for your business and give a few tips on how to do it. I’ll also share some resources to help make the process easier for you. So read on and start Repurposing your Content today!
What is Repurposed Content?
Repurposed content is simply taking your existing content and using it in a different format or for a different purpose. For example, you could make a blog post and turn it into an infographic or create a video from a podcast episode. The possibilities are endless!
It might appear to be simple, but it’s not. After all, if you could split something apart and generate all of these additional resources, everyone would be doing it. The key is to Repurpose your content to add value to your audience.
Why Repurpose Content?
There are several reasons why you should repurpose content, but here are the three main ones:
- It saves you time: Creating new content from scratch can be time-consuming. Repurposing existing content can be a quick and easy way to create new content without starting from scratch.
- It allows you to reach a wider audience: By repurposing your content into different formats, you can get people who consume information in different ways. For example, if you have a blog post that does well, turning it into a video will allow you to reach an entirely new audience who prefers watching videos over reading blog posts.
- It can help you rank higher in search engines: Repurposing your Content gives you more opportunities to include keywords and other SEO optimization tactics, which can help you rank higher in search engine results pages.
Repurposing content can help you get more exposure for your business. It can also help save you time and money by repurposing content you’ve already created instead of starting from scratch. And last but not least, it can help build relationships with other businesses and influencers in your industry.
What Makes Good Content to Repurpose?
Not all content is created equal, and some types of content are better suited for Repurposing than others. In general, the best types of Content to Repurpose are evergreen pieces that are well-written and comprehensive. These types of articles tend to do well on search engines and generate a lot of traffic over time.
Another good criterion for Repurposing content is whether or not it would be easy to update. For example, an article that includes a lot of data or statistics can be Repurposed into an infographic that is easier to digest and share. Or you can pull out some of the stats or quotes to create their graphics to share.
And last but not least, the best Content to Repurpose is content you’re passionate about and know your audience will love. If you Repurpose content just for the sake of Repurposing it, it will show, and your audience will be able to tell. So make sure only to repurpose high-quality and valuable content for your audience!
How to Repurpose Content
Now that we’ve discussed why you should repurpose content let’s talk about how to do it. There are a few different ways you can Repurpose content, and I’ll go over a few of them here.
- Create an Infographic: You can take a blog post and turn it into an infographic using Canva or Piktochart.
- Make a Video: You can create a video from a podcast episode or blog post using iMovie or Windows Movie Maker.
- Republish on Medium: You can republish your blog posts on Medium for additional exposure.
- Create Social Media Posts: You can create social media posts from your blog content using Buffer, Hootsuite, or Later.
- Guest Post on Other Blogs: You can guest post on other blogs in your industry and link back to your blog.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Repurposing content can be a great way to get more exposure for your business, and it doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. If you need help getting started, there are plenty of resources and tools available to help you.
Several automation resources can help you repurpose content, such as SocialBee, Trello, Asana, etc. These tools can help save you time by automating the process of Repurposing Content.
Let’s talk about a few of them and how they can help you with your content needs.
- Asana – Asana is a project management tool that can help you organize and keep track of your content repurposing projects.
- Trello – Trello is a Kanban-style project management tool that can help you visualize your Content by Repurposing projects.
- SocialBee – SocialBee is a social media management tool that can help you automate the process of creating social media posts from your blog content.
- Buffer – Buffer is a social media management tool that allows you to schedule and publish social media posts.
- Hootsuite – Hootsuite is another social media management tool that provides similar features to Buffer.
- Later – Later is a visual planning tool for Instagram that can help you create beautiful, engaging Instagram posts.
- Canva – Canva is a graphic design tool that can help you create stunning graphics for your social media posts and blog articles.
- Piktochart – Piktochart is another graphic design tool that can be used to create infographics from your blog content.
Wrapping up Content
So there you have it! A guide to Repurposing Content for your business. I hope this article has given you some ideas on how to reuse your content and why it’s important for your business.
If you want someone to take your blog articles and repurpose them, contact me and discuss how I may assist you. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below or contact me.