Hey, y'all! Just a heads up that there are affiliate links in this post. Which means that I will receive a small fee if you click on the link and buy the product or service. Read more here.
One of our favorite breakfast go-to-picks has always been banana pancakes. They are seriously one of the easiest things in the world and perfect for those overripe bananas that you delude yourself into saying you’ll make into banana nut bread. Am I right? Well, I took my banana pancakes and topped myself with Banana Waffle Sticks. Say what? Read along to find out the 411 or drop me a line for some one-on-one cooking lessons.
Banana Waffle Sticks
First, before you even start you need, need, need to shop with my homie, Jamie Makin. She is rock star Pampered Chef rep. And I mean in that cool and slightly awkward way, not some diva rock star that is going to demand all of the blue M&Ms to be removed from the snack table way.
Okay, you’ve ordered your Waffle Stick pan, awesome! Or should I say that it is Bananas! and be like Gwen Stefani? Let’s talk banana waffle sticks!
Where did this idea come from?
My daughter always says she wants bananas when we go to the grocery store. We don’t always get them all eaten before they get overripe and I loathe throwing out perfectly good food. So I always put my bananas in the refrigerator or freezer to make banana nut bread. Do you know how many loaves I have made? Zero. Obviously, I needed another dish to make with all of these bananas.
The solution? I googled easy banana recipes and found a simple banana pancake recipe. And then my homie Jamie pushed my version to new heights by introducing me to Pampered Chef Waffle Stick Pan. My life has never been the same. Okay, life is pretty much the same but a smidge bit cooler because banana waffle sticks are FUN!
Banana Waffle Sticks
- 3-4 small-medium bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon add as much as you like
- 1 dash nutmeg add as much as you like
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Peel and mash the bananas in a bowl. If they are not overripe and will not mash easily, place in the microwave for 15 seconds. There will be some banana lumps.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs until slightly frothy.
- Add the vanilla extra, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the mashed bananas bowl and bring the ingredients together.
- Pour mixture into your waffle stick pan. I highly recommend the Pampered Chef one, the sticks come out easily and clean up is a breeze. Be sure to only fill 2/3 full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. I rotate my pan mid-way through cooking since my oven cooks unevenly, plus it is a great way to gauge cooking time.
- Remove from pan and serve!
Okay, did you read it all? Doesn’t that sound easy and tasty?