If you have a Facebook group, Facebook page, Instagram account, or any other social media type, you will want to ensure you are building relationships and earning trust. One way to do this is by asking for opinions or asking your ideal clients to answer some questions.
Keep reading to get some Social Media questions to increase engagement in your groups and pages.
Are you asking the right questions?
Social Media questions can be fun but need to fit your audience. Avoiding topics that create extreme conflict or segregate your audience may be something you need to consider. For example, I don’t post about political or religious things in any of my groups or on my pages.
Your ideal client needs to be considered and you should try to post social media questions that somehow relate back to your products or services. Even something as basic as your favorite color can be used for this purpose.
For example, If I answered this question with “blue,” you could reply and say have you tried our blue spoon useful in the kitchen?
Use a Scheduling Tool
Using a scheduling tool ensures your social media questions are posted consistently. Consistency is key to keeping and building new relationships. Scheduling tools make this process easier.
You can batch your content and create your posts ahead of time. Then use the tool to post at the appropriate time and bam – engagement posts are done.
If you need some advice on the types of tools you could use check out this article on some of my favorite scheduling tools.
Use Fun and Engaging Images
Your images matter! You can’t post a social media question and then leave it blank or have a bland-looking image to go with it. More people engage with either videos, gifs, or images. Make sure you are including something; if you are really struggling, post a gif.
Creating images can be time-consuming, but using templates or Canva font effects can help. You can even resize your images fast and easily on Canva, but other programs like PicMonkey can do these things too.
Questions to ask on Social Media
Alright, let’s get to the social media questions already!
- You have $500 to spend in a store. What store are you in?
- What song makes you sing in the car?
- Where was the first concert you ever attended?
- Bologna: yay or nay?
- What job would your pet have if it was human?
- Would you rather have cookies or cake?
- What is your favorite color? Respond with a picture!
- Which came first? The Chicken or the Egg?
- Without saying your age, what is something you remember from your childhood that a younger person wouldn’t understand?
- What is your current favorite TV series?
- If you were trapped in the last TV show or Movie you watched where would you be?
- If you could learn to use a superpower what would you be learning about?
- This or that? (This can really apply to anything!)
- What is your favorite season?
- If you could only have one snack for the rest of your life what would you pick?
- What is something unique you are obsessed with?
- What is your biggest blessing?
- What is the best room in your house? Why?
- What is one thing on your current bucket list?
- Quick! We are going on a road trip and we leave right now. Where are we going?
- You can invite two famous people living or dead to dinner. Who would you pick?
- If you got offered a reset button for your life would you push it?
- If your phone or tablet battery percentage was your age, how old would you be?
- What movie seems like everyone has seen that you have not?
- What is on your reading list for this next year?
- You are playing Monopoly. Which piece do you pick?
- What word or phrase from the past would you like to see come back?
- If you could have 1 bill per month paid for you, what would you choose?
- What’s the temperature where you are at?
- What’s your favorite holiday treat?
- What movie would be the most fun to live in?
- Do you prefer to work at night or in the morning?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- If you were planning a dream vacation where would you be going?
- What was your favorite toy growing up?
- What is your favorite inspirational quote?
- What is your favorite flavor of potato chips?
- What chore do you hate that you wish you could stop doing?
- What topic could you talk about for 30 minutes with no preparation?
- What is your favorite flavor of cake? (ice cream, cereal, pie, etc)
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Do you still have or use the first email account you ever created?
- There is a door in your house that you’ve ignored. Today you open it, what is inside?
- What do you call these? (Post this question with a picture of something that uses different names such as freezies, water fountains, bread butts, soda cans, etc)
Where can I use these Questions?
All of these social media questions can be used across multiple different social platforms.
Post your questions for engagement in Facebook groups, on your Facebook Business Page, on Instagram, or even on Pinterest. If you have a business where creating a party atmosphere makes sense, you can even use these questions as part of your party games.
These social media questions are a great way to engage with your customers, but they will only do so much good.
The fact is, you need a system that will get you real results. A proven-to-work time-saving system to build your social media marketing that gets real results and eliminates your stress.
The system I refer to, which has helped over 1,000 small business owners and myself is a Social Media Content Calendar. Lucky for you, I create a new one every month just for business owners like you and they are FREE!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this foray into social media questions. As you can see, there are a lot of factors to consider when crafting your posts. Keep in mind who your audience is and what you want them to do. Are you looking for more website traffic? More leads? Consider our maintenance resources to keep your site running smoothly. Thanks for reading!